Hey Lovehearts! Hope the Easter Bunny visited you over the weekend.....he definitely visited me! and since I have been gorging myself on way too many Easter eggs, I decided to distract myself with a little DIY project. Now I've been wanting a pair of tie dye jeans for a while now but since I'm saving for NYC I've been good and told myself 'NO' to yet another pair of jeans....so I decided to reinvent an old pair of jeans! Its so easy to do so you should try it out yourself with my step by step instructions......enjoy!
Xx Courtney xX
- You will need a pair of jeans, rubber bands, bleach, rubber gloves and a bucket.
- Fill up your bucket with cold water. Soak your jeans in water until completely wet.
- Ring them out.
- Tie as many or as little rubber bands as you want onto your jeans. There is no right or wrong way to do this, the more rubber bands you tie on the more darker patches you will have.
- Fill your bucket again with water and add half a bottle of bleach.
- Using your rubber gloves place your jeans into water.
- Depending on how light you want the tie dye parts to be, leave your jeans in the bucket for a few hours, checking constantly. It is also a good idea to place something heavy on top of the jeans to keep them under water.
- Once you are happy with the colour, rinse the jeans in cold water and let them set for an 1/2 hour or so then proceed to wash them as usual.
My veranda was slightly windy so sorry about a the photos :p